Colorado Ductless Mini-Split Installation & Service Experts
Looking to replace or upgrade your HVAC system but don’t have existing ductwork? Not a problem. Have you considered a Ductless Mini Split HVAC system? At Mountain Breeze Heating and Air, Inc., we install, service, and repair Ductless Mini-Split HAVC systems. Whether you are looking to get service done on an existing unit or looking to upgrade your system to a high-efficiency unit, our team of NATE-certified technicians can provide you with fast, reliable, and friendly service at an honest price.
Our Experienced Team
When you call Mountain Breeze Heating & Air, Inc. regarding your ductless mini-split, we will send you a technician with at least five years of experience with ductless mini-splits.
We work with our suppliers to provide the most competitive pricing in the industry. Whether you are looking for service, repair, or installation, we can assure you a fair price for high-quality work.
The ductless mini splits we install – Halcyon by Fujitsu – use inverter technology that allows the unit to ramp up and down, or modulate, based on demand and outside temperature. This means it will not use any more energy than absolutely needed to keep you comfortable. They can range from 19.5 – 33 SEER! Also, by not using ductwork, you automatically save energy by removing the source of energy loss in traditional systems.
Fast Installation and Quiet Operation
Our expert team can install these aesthetically pleasing units in about 3-4 hours. With no ductwork needed, these units are minimally invasive to your home. Because these units modulate to suit your needs, you will hardly even notice they are running.
Perfect for homes with Boilers
Using our multiple zone ductless mini split heat pump systems, we can efficiently cool your older home with boiler/radiator heating. We specialize in installing these units in older homes in the Denver, Golden, Lakewood, and Wheat Ridge areas, as well as other homes in the front-range Colorado region.
How They Work
The Ductless Mini Split Heat Pump System is comprised of two main parts. The outside unit, or the condenser, looks different from traditional heat pump units with its smaller, rectangular shape, but essentially has the same function. Its purpose is to either release heat (cooling mode) or pull heat from outside (heating mode). The inside unit, or “head” is where the heat is either pulled from the inside room (cooling mode) and sent to the condenser or where heat is put into the room (heating mode).
What is a ductless mini-split system?
A ductless mini-split system is comprised of an indoor unit called the evaporator and an outdoor unit called the condensing unit. The evaporator is connected to the condensing unit by copper tubing and electrical wiring which is passed through a 2 ½” – 3″ hole. Basically, it is a small central air unit with the flexibility of cooling or heating one room or more; zoning.
What are the advantages of installing a Fujitsu General ductless mini-split over a central air system?
- With Central Air, you must cool an entire home when only one room may need cooling. On the other hand, ductless mini-splits cool only the areas you want and not the areas you don’t.
- 18,000 BTU is a typical minimum central air unit. With ductless mini-splits, you can use 7,000, 9,000, or 12,000 BTUs.
- Typical 3-ton homes are not zoned or require complex zoning systems, which makes it very expensive for the homeowner. With ductless mini-splits, multiple evaporators make zoning as simple as setting a remote control.
- Energy wasted in long lengths of uninhabited ductwork means higher energy bills. Less than 5% cooling loss occurs in insulated refrigerant lines compared with up to 25% through ducts.
- Retrofitting homes requires cutting holes in walls, floors, and ceilings, or decreasing closet space with ducts. Ductless mini-splits require just a 3 or 4 diameter hole in the outside wall. Means less mess and better home aesthetics.
How long has Fujitsu General been manufacturing ductless mini-splits?
For over 35 years Fujitsu General has been working hard to make the world a more comfortable place. We have produced and shipped millions of air conditioning systems throughout the world, making the hottest places cool and the coolest places more comfortable.